Tuesday 9 February 2016

Pixel Portrait

GIF 
PNG






















Technical Procedure

        The first step I took was to find a picture of myself that would have strong shadows so that my end result can look as close to the original photo as possible. The file created in Photoshop had a total of 100 x 150 pixels, RGB color, 72 dpi and a white background.  I then placed the photo on the white background. I then created different layers on top of the picture and labeled it the corresponding names. Since my photo has a lot of different shades it was difficult for me to find a correct color match, so I used the eyedropper tool to find the right shade. Then I would use the pencil tool in 1 pixel to color on the white background and  trace the existing shadows from the original photo. The way I achieved my final result was that every time there was a slight color change I would go back to the eyedropper, get the new shade and continue coloring in. I found that that was the best way to achieve the 3-D affect that I was looking for, it did take a bit longer but the I'm pleased with the final result.

Characteristics

       Since my face doesn't have any prominent features I decided to pay more attention to the detail of the shirt, face and hair. If  I didn't pay attention to everything then the end result could of been anyone. I really focused on getting an even gradient on my cheeks  and under eyes because that is one of the features that do stand out the most if I had to choose something from my face. The shirt was filled in with more detail, because I felt like that would make the image look even more 3-D.

File Format

        The last instruction for this assignment was to export the file as a .gif and as a .png and upload it to our blog and compare them. To me I don't see a difference, there is no color change, the position stayed the same in both the .png and the .gif.

No comments:

Post a Comment