Thursday 12 May 2016

Tattered Seams- poster and t-shirt

Poster

1. My thought process for the Tattered seams poster was that with the information given about the play I knew that the tiger had in an important role on the plot of the play. I wanted the poster to reflect the play but without using a character because I didn't want to exclude any character, so I chose to use the head of a tiger raring to show anger that goes through the play. Also I find that the head of a tiger is more captivating than a person. I also wanted to add a circus tent somewhere on the poster so I first added a full tent but it didn't feel like it had unity to it so I decided to have the points of  the tent to show but have the rest of it run off the page. I found that by making this decision it had more unity because your eye would look from one point of the tent to the next because of the red and white of the tent and then goes to the tiger.

2. The colors chosen for the poster is the realistic color choice of a tiger which is a yellow orange. So for the background I decided to go for a complimentary color  that is a dark purple almost navy blue to show a higher contrast of the design which makes it more noticeable to catch the attention of someone for when its up on the hallway. I chose the font color to be yellow because if I did it white it would have taken away the focus off the white stripes of the tent, therefore losing the unity created.

3. The technical procedure of creating the poster was to use Adobe Illustrator because I knew that it would be more efficient if I just made it myself because I feel more comfortable with using Illustrator then Photoshop. I went on Google and searched up cartoon tent and cartoon tiger. Then traced over it and played around with the sizing. 

4. I am very pleased with how my poster turned out the color choices that I made stand out  enough to grab your attention which is the main purpose of a poster. I also like the way everything is placed makes it look really appealing because it is balanced since all of the writing goes down the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment